You can group menu items into categories. If enabled and visible on the frontend, a category acts as a dropdown menu.
One-page website templates do not have this module.
Create a new category
1. Access the Site Structure option in the top navigation menu of the CMS interface then click Add New Page.
2. In the Add New Page box, select the Category option from the first dropdown list and give it a name in the Menu Title field, then click the Next button.
3. After you completed the other available general settings and clicked the Save button, the newly created category will appear in the left side column of the CMS interface, with the name you have just entered, preceded by a file icon.
A category does not have an URL associated with it.
Edit the general module settings of your category
A. If it does not have sub-items (file icon), click the category menu name
in the left side column of the CMS interface > Edit/Save
B. If it has sub-items (tree node icon), access the Site Structure option in the top navigation menu of the CMS interface then click Manage Pages and use the light blue coloured button in the Pages list box.
In the Module Settings box:
By default, all new categories are disabled (not displayed on the frontend). If the icon is of red color, it means that the category is disabled. You can enable it by selecting the Status enabled checkbox. When the icon is of white color, it means that the category is enabled.
By default, all new enabled categories are visible. If the icon is of white color, it means that the category is visible. You can make it invisible (not displayed on the frontend but its sub-items accessible via their URL) by selecting the Access invisible checkbox. When the icon is of black color, it means that the category is invisible.
- Choose only certain device types on which a category should be displayed on by clearing the Appears on checkboxes.
- Change the name of any category in the Menu Title field.
If the Users premium module is installed, you will also be able to see a red-colored Privacy Settings box and grant access permissions to groups of users for every page you create.