Dropdown Mega Menu
A dropdown mega menu is built out of categories
Create a new dropdown mega menu
1. Access the Site Structure option in the top navigation menu of the CMS interface then click Add New Page.
2. In the Add New Page box, select the Dropdown Mega Menu option from the first dropdown list and give it a name in the Menu Title field, then click the Next button.
3. After you completed the other available general settings and clicked the Save button, the newly created dropdown mega menu will appear in the left side column of the CMS interface, with the name you have just entered, preceded by a file icon.
A dropdown mega menu does not have an URL associated with it.
Include sub-items and choose the display style: 2-level or mega menu
Click the dropdown mega menu name in the left side column of the CMS interface > Edit/Save buttons.
In the Advanced Settings box:
Choose between a 2-level and a mega menu display style in the Display field.
Select the sub-items you want to include in your dropdown mega menu from the Dropdowns list.
- The sub-items you can include in a dropdown mega menu are in fact simple dropdown menus. If this list is empty, learn more about how to create dropdown menus.
- Make the sub-items invisible to avoid having them displayed twice (as main items in the frontend navigation menu also).
Edit the general module settings of your dropdown mega menu
Click the dropdown mega menu name in the left side column of the CMS interface > Settings tab > Module Settings > Edit/Save buttons.
In the Module Settings box:
By default, all new dropdown mega menus are disabled (not displayed on the frontend). If the file icon is of red color, it means that the dropdown mega menu is disabled. You can enable it by selecting the Status enabled checkbox. When the file icon is of white color, it means that the dropdown mega menu is enabled.
By default, all new enabled dropdown mega menus are visible. If the file icon is of white color, it means that the dropdown mega menu is visible. You can make it invisible (not displayed on the frontend but its sub-items accessible via their URL) by selecting the Access invisible checkbox. When the file icon is of black color, it means that the dropdown mega menu is invisible.
- Choose only certain device types on which a dropdown mega menu should be displayed on by clearing the Appears on checkboxes.
- Change the name of any dropdown mega menu in the Menu Title field.
If the Users premium module is installed, you will also be able to see a red-colored Privacy Settings box and grant access permissions to groups of users for every page you create.