Coming Soon / Maintenance
To set up your temporary placeholder page, access the Settings option in the top navigation menu of the CMS interface then click Coming Soon / Maintenance.
Click on the tabs to access different settings areas. You can recognize which tab you are on by color association, e.g., if you click on the orange tab, all the boxes located right beneath the tab bar will turn orange.
The functions of these buttons are universal in any list box:
- orders the item list ascending or descending.
- deletes any item.
- triggers the edit section of any item.
- vertically drags and drops any item, which will change the order they appear on the frontend.
The Settings tab: coming soon or maintenance mode and other configuration options
Use the Edit/Save buttons located in the upper-right corner of the Advanced Settings box to:
- Enable or disable the placeholder page.
It is recommended that you activate this page after you have all the settings and content in place, as it will become visible on the frontend right away.
- Select a mode: coming soon or maintenance.
When you activate this page for the second time onward, it is recommended that you select the maintenance mode, as it will return a 503 HTTP response code (Service Unavailable) which tells search engine crawlers that the downtime is temporary. Obviously, the coming soon mode returns a 200 (OK) response code.
- Enable or disable the countdown timer, set a start and expiration date.
When the countdown timer expiration date is due, the placeholder page will not be replaced automatically with your website. The placeholder page will remain active on the frontpage, but with the countdown timer disabled.
- Set access permissions for users logged in into the administration panel and/or invited persons to view your main website.
- Select the type of email template the invited persons will receive;
To edit the static texts of your placeholder page, click on the Settings tab > Static Texts > Edit/Save buttons.
The Head Content tab: page content and SEO
Use the Edit/Save buttons located in the upper-right corner of the section to edit your page title and description, SEO settings and tracking codes.
The Backgrounds tab: set up the background of your placeholder page
Use the Add New Record button located in the upper-right corner of the list box to add a new background image.
If you have more than one background image, they will be displayed in a slider.
The Invites tab: invite persons to view your main website
Use the Search option located right above the list box to find invites by email and/or by name.
Use the Add New Record button located in the upper-right corner of the list box to add a new invite.
The Messages tab: view and reply to messages received via the contact form
Use the Search option located right above the list box to find messages by email, keywords, status and/or by date range.
- use this button to trigger the detail section of any message where you can even reply to your received email.