Create a new departments page
1. Access the Site Structure option in the top navigation menu of the CMS interface then click Add New Page.
2. In the Add New Page box, select the Departments module type from the corresponding dropdown list and give it a name in the Menu Title field, then click the Next button.
To include this page in a dropdown menu, select one from the Category
dropdown list. If this list is empty, learn more about categories
3. After you completed the other available general settings and clicked the Save button, the newly created departments page will appear in the left side column of the CMS interface, with the name you have just entered, preceded by a file icon.
Edit the general module settings of your departments page
Click the departments page name in the left side column of the CMS interface > Settings tab > Module Settings > Edit/Save buttons.
In the Module Settings box:
By default, all new pages are disabled (not displayed on the frontend). If the file icon is of red color, it means that the page is disabled. You can enable it by selecting the Status enabled checkbox. When the file icon is of white color, it means that the page is enabled.
By default, all new enabled pages are visible. If the file icon is of white color, it means that the page is visible. You can make it invisible (not displayed on the frontend but accessible via its URL) by selecting the Access invisible checkbox. When the file icon is of black color, it means that the page is invisible.
- Choose only certain device types on which a page should be displayed on by clearing the Appears on checkboxes.
- Change the name of any page in the Menu Title field.
- Customize the URL of any page in the URL field. Also, learn more about URL redirects.
- Move any page in a dropdown menu by selecting one from the Category dropdown list.
If the Users premium module is installed, you will also be able to see a red-colored Privacy Settings box and grant access permissions to groups of users for every page you create.
Edit the advanced module settings of your departments page: display style and layouts
Click the departments page name in the left side column of the CMS interface > Settings tab > Advanced Settings > Edit/Save buttons.
In the Advanced Settings box:
By default, all comments are disabled. You can enable either Disqus, Facebook or the local comments. You can also set the number of departments to list per line.
By default, all sections of the departments module have their own default generic layout. You can change the layout of any section, project listing, details and/or footer, by selecting it from its corresponding dropdown list.
- These layout changes only apply to the departments page you selected from the left side column of the CMS interface.
- To create a custom layout, learn more about the Layouts section.